Monday, November 16, 2015

Callie Meets the Cintiq!

Drawing character rotations is super hard because everything must line up perfectly. It's understandable that things must line up to pass off to the designers, but it doesn't make it easier. I'm so glad I was warned off of animating humans for my short, because I probably would have died. A firefly is about as complicated as I'll get for now.

Aside from drawing the rotations painstakingly slow, I used Photoshop for the second time. Joel was out of the office on Wednesday so I got to use his Cintiq!! It was so freaking cool and much easier to use than the pen and tablet. Basically it helped me learn Photoshop and now I can focus on getting better with the pen and tablet which weirds me out 'cause I usually like to look where I'm drawing.

I didn't get much else done this week other than 3 different angles of Sam the firefly and a Photoshop painting of my friend. 


The painting was completely irrelevant to my animated short but it taught me about Photoshop so I think it's okay. Next week I want to finish the concept stage and go into storyboarding. That'll have to wait till Monday though. 

Adios amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment