Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Lucas Learns about Code and the Rock Horror Picture Show

I feel accomplished! I feel inspired! although I also feel like taking a nap... Last night was Halloween! It was a ton of fun. I went with a few friends to see Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Bloor Hot Docs Theatre. I can easily say, it was the strangest thing I have ever seen and the most fun I've had in awhile. What really baffled me about it, was that most people knew all the lines. Not just the lines, They  were shouting things in-between the lines. There was a ton of dialogue that was just the crowd shouting at the screen in unison. Whats so great about this is you can't learn and memorize these lines from watching the movie. Yes, most of the people had been there before. many, many times. Oh, did I mention what I dressed up as? I had a lampshade on my head and an alarm clock on my shoulder. I was a one night stand. needless to say I would have been the coolest kid at any party.

Earlier in the week, I started making a text-based game in java. Its pretty exiting to see something that I made actually work. Its fairly simple and the cove is very disorganized but it runs and one could actually sit down and play it. It only takes about 30 seconds to get through, but its a start. More on that later though.

No comments:

Post a Comment