Thursday, January 16, 2014

Lucas' Game - First Stage

So now that I'm back from the break it's time to get down to business!

Me and Julie mocked up a schedule before I left for the break. It basically plans out my time from now until the end of the school year so that by the end I have a kick-ass game to show for my time here. The first week is dedicated to concept.

So far, the first week has passed and my little prototype/concept game was approved! It is a little odd so I'll do my best to explain what it is:
 It's a 2d top-down game. The whole point is that there are puzzles but all the puzzles are hidden. I plan to make subtle hints with oddities in the tile sets to lead people in the right direction. I hope that made sense.

I'm still using images that I either downloaded from the internet or spent maximum 30 seconds on so it's not really visually appealing but I'll include a picture.

Over the next few weeks I plan to expand on the idea and figure out new ways to keep it engaging. I also just realized that this is the first blog that was entirely on something that happened at work. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment