Friday, December 13, 2013

A Fond Farewell to Humphrey!


Wow, has it really been 13 weeks?  About 3 months?  A quarter of a year?

It's amazing how time flies when you're spending it in an awesome studio amongst skilled and talented artists.  I haven't had this much excitement and sense of fulfillment since I was in The Animation Workshop (which wasn't too long ago but still).

My Flash skills are superb now.  Not on the level of the pros here but if I were to gauge my level of improvement I'd say my quality has risen by 300%, and that's no hyperbole.  I look forward to using everything I've learned to create my own characters builds and animations using the pipeline introduced here.

If there is one thing that I'm disappointed with is how Smiley Guy Studios has spoiled me for the industry.  I arrived expecting long hours and unpaid overtime, something that I thought was the norm in the industry.  Not so, as I can't recall seeing anyone stay behind after 18:00 or coming in on weekends (to my knowledge).  Having experienced this as my first job, even as an intern, I can only assume future employment will be a bit of a disappointment in comparison.

I'll be leaving the country on Monday, giving me a weekend to check out the Toronto sights and go to Niagara Falls.  Though the best landmark was of course Smiley Guy Studios.

Thank you all who work here and I hope to see you all again, whether as friends or professionals, it will be a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment