Friday, October 7, 2016

Bendix Animates Better Than She Swing Dances!

Ello' again!

This week has been pleasantly busy compared to the last! I caught up with the Inktober challenge, and then managed to fall behind again. I went out eating with a friend (whom I get to see maybe once a year as he is usually found in Sweden) who happens to be in Toronto right now. I went swing dancing with Kris (more on that later). The entire studio went for sushi yesterday. I took David to a mysterious licorice candy store that he refused to believe actually existed. Cherry came back from Japan and brought gifts and food back. And today a pet cockroach crawled over the desk in the meeting room this morning. It was a very effective way to wake us all up! We fed the roach orange peels and kept it safe in a jar until it could be taken away.

Swing was absolutely amazing! I've always wanted to try dancing, but I've sadly been born with very white genes and five left feet, thus all I can really do is bounce back and forth to pop music, and even that requires a huge amount of concentration. Luckily it was a beginners class, but after the class, the pro's came to dance to the live band that played way past midnight. 


Work started out slightly confusing this week. Shots are being sent back and forth as they get feedback and requires immediate attention, which means I sometimes have to be able to juggle a number of shots and keep focused on all of them at the same time. I've found, after a few days of getting used to it, that I actually enjoy working like this, as when one shot frustrates me, I can very easily move on to another one and work a bit on it before going back to the former with fresh eyes, so I'm never wasting time. This morning, it was also really nice having my shots shown to the creators of the Todd show and to see their reactions! It's was a very rewarding and humbling feeling :)

I'm also incredibly happy that Cherry is back, as now I finally have someone to be a nerd with again and talk about Osomatsu and how great the wonderful sextuplets are! MUSCLE MUSCLE! HUSTLE HUSTLE! (that one is for you Cherry)

One last thing to end the blog with: it's Thanksgiving this weekend! Hopefully Kris, a danish friend of mine and I, will go somewhere to celebrate it together!

- Bendix

No comments:

Post a Comment