Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Welcome Eila!

Hola, 

my name is Eila and I am a new intern here at Smiley Guy! I am a third year student from Sheridan but I am actually from Texas. Its been three weeks since I have started my internship and it has been nothing but wonderful! Everyone here is incredibly warm and so so nice (and super talented, geez)! I was extremely nervous starting out (partially because I started commuting on my own for the first time) but Erin made sure I was comfortable and I would like to think that I finally got a good handle on things. I have also been reintroduced to flash and I am happy to say that I am finally getting the hang of it (thank goodness for Joel or I would be a lost mess)! So far I have done a walk cycle with flash and built a few rigs as practice and it is a lot of fun! While its not too different from Toon Boom, it definitely took a bit of adjusting to but it is getting there! Having constant feedback definitely helps and I have noticed some improvements in terms of speed with the rig building process and the program. I was invited to go grab a drink with some of the members here in the studio and I am really excited about that since the Mexican in me can never say no to a drink. It has only been three weeks but I feel extremely lucky to have a landed a such a nice studio. I look forward to keeping up the hard work and learning as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment