Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Molly Figures Out Storyboarding!

The last few weeks have been a bit stressful, as I had really only been working on concept art, and I realized that I was getting really behind. Last week, however, I did get to talk with Darien about the storyboarding process. It isn't what I thought it was (I wasn't supposed to put all the frames on one document but oh well), but it was also easier than expected, so I don't think I will spend 6 weeks on this part of the project lol

Kal (storyboard artist) also talked to me today about my workflow, and recommended that I create "beatboards" (more detailed illustrations for major events) and write a mini-script so I don't get confused or lose the original concept while drawing. He also said the actual storyboards should be really rough sketches, so it turns out I got stressed over nothing :( Overall I'm happy that I'm not as far behind as I thought I was, and I have a clearer sense of what I need to accomplish this next month.

- Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment