Friday, April 19, 2013

Adam Reflects

As the end of my co-op experience is coming in the next few months, I think it’s time to think
about what I’ve learned and what I would like to do with all the tools and abilities I’ve gained from
working at this great studio.

Prior to working here, I’ve had minimal drawing experience.  I didn’t know how to design
characters and I had absolutely no idea what properties make a character look pleasing to the eye.
 After being here for 8 months, I can gladly say that I’ve grown as a designer and a director.  Most co-op placements would usually ask you to simply join on in their projects; at Smiley Guy Studios, they have allowed me to actually be the creative director of a short film that I created.  And that’s exactly what makes this great studio unique.  The employees are always happy to help me out (I’m a little shy, so I don’t ask too much), but in perspective, I’ve truly enjoyed my compelling experience here.

The only real medium of design that I was familiar with before being at SGS was with 3D
modeling and animation.  Now I am extremely comfortable with 2D modeling and animation because of the help of Kurt Scott.  He’s been assuming the role as my manager/supervisor of the project and he’s been doing a hell of a job with getting me to up to par with the roles of animation.  I plan to make short and quick YouTube videos in the future with Flash animation as I feel very comfortable with the skills I have gained. 

Here are the images of both backgrounds of my short film.



No comments:

Post a Comment