Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Cody: That's a Wrap!

It's hard to believe it's my last day at Smiley Guys. Four months went by so fast.

I ended up finishing my animated short "Magic Pen", and although it didn't quite turn out the way I had hoped I feel like I've learned a lot in the process.  Starting with the concept, writing a script and storyboarding before heading into animation was a good way to understand how an animation can go from an idea to a finished product.  At each phase there was always someone willing to explain things to me and to help me get started with what I was doing.  Everyone had some very good advice to share and ways of improving upon what I was trying to accomplish and I'd like to thank everyone for all the help with my project. 

It was an awesome experience to be able to work with such talented people and a privilege to have done my placement here. Here's a picture of what my animation started as and a picture from the finished animation.
Original Concepts

Final Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment