Monday, May 13, 2013

Eden Checks out the Garden of Kensington


    Hey everyone!
Just a little about myself... My name is Eden and I have just completed 3 years of the BAA-Animation degree program at Sheridan College. Currently, I am completing my co-op here at SGS!  I have a tendency to ramble, so hopefully I can make this not so “texty” (but more importantly: entertaining)

So far it has already been a great learning experience. I'm learning a lot about Flash that I never knew you could do before. Learning these new techniques has been opening up new possibilities for my fourth year thesis film.

Everyone at SGS have been super friendly and very helpful. I'm really grateful that they encourage us to ask questions; definitely makes the learning experience that much easier.

We've been familiarizing ourselves with Flash through scene planning and attempted a walk cycle with SGS character Warren. Turned out to be a bit more tedious than I had anticipated. But it was a nice crash course to experiment with the software.


SGS area... Where are we?
I commute from Hamilton, so I'm not very familiar with the Toronto area. My fellow interns and I have been have been going on little adventures on our lunch break to get an idea what's around here. There are lots of interesting and very unique shops around the College and Bathurst area.

Coffee is accessible every where!!! Starbucks, Coffee Culture, McDees, Tim Horton's, you name it! But the best are probably the local cafes that they have around Little Italy and the Kensington Market.

Down in the Kensington Market, I feel has the most interesting little shops. Plus, lots of variety of culture and food!! Oh the delicious food!!

We have been favouring this particular burger joint called “Burgernator”. All the food is from local produce and their meat never sees a freezer! They get it fresh and cook it right away for their hungry fans. Prices are affordable, meals are a good size, AND they don't make you feel like you're dying after! (Like gross McDees hamburgers would)

I think I'll end it there... Hopefully I can get some moving pictures into my entries as well!

That's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment