Wednesday, May 15, 2013

We Had David at the Door Buzzer

Hi my name's David Schut, I'll be writing on this blog on a bi-weekly basis.  Let's start off with I have no idea how to write a blog, so bare with me and I'll try my best to make this entertaining for everyone.

Okay lets do a quick recap of my first week of being an intern at Smiley Guy Studios:  The first day was fun getting shown around the place (I enjoy the door buzzer, it makes me feel like I'm part of a secret organization) and meeting everyone was really fun.  The next few days is when the learning curve came....We were give a chance to do a walk cycle test. My first crack at the walk cycle was spectacular mess of a thing. If anyone ever said puppet animation is easy, they lied. Lied through their teeth. It is hard stuff. Though luckily everyone at Smiley Guy has been really kind and helpful throughout the week, because of their patience, I'm starting to figure it out the subtle trickery that is flash.



At the end of the week we started to do small animation scenes on Beethoven's Kids. I'm excited to see what I can learn from the scenes I get.

Well that's one week down.

No comments:

Post a Comment