Monday, May 20, 2013

Lea Loves Exclaimations

Hello!  I'm Lea. I don't usually talk much but I will try to muster up some excitement and enthusiasm for this blog post. I think this calls for a liberal application of exclamation marks!!!!!!

Over the first couple of weeks I have become acquainted with some of the staff at Smiley Guy. Julie is the one who gives us direction overall. If Smiley Guy Studios were a secret organization and us interns were special agents, Julie would be the mysterious person who shows up in a black car and takes us to a parking garage, where she then hands us manila envelopes with all the details we need to complete our mission. But instead of leaving the building and completing our assignment with finesse like competent special agents, we interns just start walking into walls and getting caught in the furniture. This is where the supervisors come in - Darien, Matt and Chris have picked us up, dusted us off, and pointed us towards the door with a pat on the head. We then proceed to run into traffic and board street cars going in the wrong direction.

Yes, animating puppets in flash has been quite the adventure with many a wacky shenanigan. I honestly thought there would be some kind of rigging to those badboys, but nope! Just pose and tween and hope limbs don't go flying across the screen. I am proud to say I know how to prevent that from happening now! Progress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment