Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Adam Wraps it Up

With my Co-op year coming to a close, it was a good idea to begin doing these animation and design tests created by the company. After constantly putting small tweaks into my main "Metal-Head" animation, it was a good end-of-the-year change that has been teaching me and helping me learn advanced animation.

The first test I did was to re-create a character with Joel's tutorial. The tutorial was definitely not the easiest task as it taught me not only how to design a character, but it showed me how to create a character that is actually formatted to be animated properly. The next tutorial focused on animating certain elements from a scene from the show 'Warren". This was much more difficult as it forced me to animate a whole body composition opposed to one figure. 
The final animation tests (which are my favorite) are the simple object animation. From a flower-sack to a bouncy ball, Kurt asked me to animate them how ever I wanted to. This really tested how much I knew and I was forced to ask Kurt for some aid as it was deceivingly difficult. Learning the "eases" and "ease-outs" was also great because that little extra amount of animation makes the biggest difference.

With the Co-op year almost complete, its great to realize how much I've learned.



No comments:

Post a Comment