Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Jordan Gets Thrown in the Deep End

Hello hello hello. So my name is Jordan Shereck and I am Sheridan Animation Intern Number 3 at Smiley Guy studios this summer.

So I've been here for two weeks this far and it's been a lot of learning and funtimes. Getting put on productions right off the bat was a tad daunting for someone who hasn't had any experience with puppet animation before, but I guess if you sit in front of something long enough it slowly starts making sense. Slowly.

It's super nice having other fellow interns to pester, and the folks who work here are just incredibly helpful. I find that it's so much better to have a specific question to talk about, so actually having things to work on that actually need to get done have proven themselves an excellent gateway to questions and learnimation.  I've always been more of a "drawing type" than an animator, but working on flash animation has given me this very sudden hyper-awareness of the concept of timing and spacing, as evidenced in these panels detailing my recent late night breakthrough:




 
 
At this rate I might actually get my walk cycle done some time this century.

Jordan's creative file names

No comments:

Post a Comment