Wednesday, June 3, 2015

David Just Enjoys FX

This week I have been animating Barf, Bubbles, Waves, Ripples, Splashes, Smoke, Electricity, Slime, and Sparkles. I’ve learned that shape tweens are pretty challenging to control, and that tracking objects to paths makes animation a lot easier and faster. Using shape tweens to animate colours on objects is also really awesome. I also learned about how different temperature objects fall into a certain spectrum of colour depending on how hot or cold the object is.
I liked working this week on the scene where Leon time travels back in time like in the Terminator movies. The scene was so gross and sexy. I animated so many sparkles on Leon the Cyborg Lion’s arm. It’s so hilariously disgusting. I never expected to hear to words “wolf-cum” used in a professional environment. Julie even asked me today if I “feel uncomfortable animating this kinda stuff”. It’s pretty gross, and a lot of it won’t be on my demo-reel but at least I'm learning a lot.

This is more PC than what David is animating









No comments:

Post a Comment