Friday, October 16, 2015

Callie Likes Snacks and Concepts Better Than Animation. Maybe.

Of course Monday was a holiday (yum turkey), so I've only been in for two days this week. I'm continuing the project that Julie gave me, which is to learn about each stage of animation before I start my animated short. It's super helpful because I know what I'm getting into, and also understanding how much work goes into animation. I'll have to keep that in mind when I am choosing an idea for my short. On Wednesday I interviewed lots of very nice people about design, voice record, scene planning, animation and revisions. I've also sort of realized through this process that I am more interested in concept and design than I am in actual animation. At least I think. I'll see once I actually start my film.

Friday was pretty similar to Wednesday in that I interviewed more people. I was in the editing suites with Joel for about an hour learning about special effects. I watched the animatic for The Curse of Clara and saw some shots he had edited to look 3D and as if an actual camera was filming it. Very cool. Ben brought in lots of food from a live commercial he had filmed the day before so I ate a doughnut and some licorice which pretty much made my day, then he taught me about rough, fine and lock cuts. I'm excited for next week, but for now happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment