Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Our New High School Intern Callie

It was my first week at Smiley Guy and I’ve learned so much. In the time I’ve spent there, I have worked out story ideas for my animated short, watched student animations and learned about a few of the many stages of animation. When you watch the telly, all you see is the final product and not a lot of people realize, me included up until a while ago, that there are around 15 stages of animation before anything gets released. That’s crazy!! But is gives me a lot of respect for the people who make these shows.

To learn about the animation process, I interviewed Jeremy, who writes scripts, Aaron, the art director and Kal, a storyboard artist. It’s pretty cool how much goes into just one episode of Chirp. For my short film, I’ll have to do each step myself, so learning from people who have lots of experience is very helpful. Thanks for a great first week!

No comments:

Post a Comment