Friday, August 12, 2016

Ahoy to Bendix, Our Shiny New Intern!

New intern ahoy!

My name is Emilie (or Bendix if you want something pronounceable) and I come all the way from Denmark! Needless to say during my first week at Smiley Guy, I was quite jet lagged, but the jet lag was not enough to keep my mood down! I was so surprised by how incredibly warm and welcoming this environment was to step into, and after just a few hours, I no longer felt twitchy or nervous as this drawing depicts. 

(^This is me, a thumb. You will see this thumb in blogposts to come.)

In the first week I discovered that the rest of the team is just as wonderfully nerdy as I am, and I have discussed important things such as Dragon Age Romance choices, how creepy baby teeth are, and the importance of our elbows and whether or not they should have pointy spikes sticking out of them.
My roommates are just as delightfully strange, and one night we stayed up until 1 am to plan our adventure in Toronto for this Saturday! Our Adventure consists mostly of food.

Today all of the smileys are heading out to show me some of the foreign cuisine in Toronto, and it's ridiculous just how excited I am about food. Offer me your food, and we will form an alliance for lifetime. There's so much I have to taste before I go back to Denmark!

Besides all the talk about food and baby teeth, I am currently working on two different projects and Cherry is supervising me through the whole thing, and boy I could not have asked for a better person to guide me through my first weeks! I'm looking forward to what the future will bring :)

- Bendix

No comments:

Post a Comment