Tuesday, July 9, 2013

David's Stages of Design Grief

Dear diary, 
The past week I've been doing the design thing still. While one might complain that it seems I do this a lot and is thus repetitive, I'm finding it pretty interesting.  Each new task in designing an object or character always starts with how the hell am I going to do this, then it's followed by despair with a bit of bargaining thrown in. Eventually it is followed by acceptance, and then I get to work.  It definitely keeps me on my toes. This past week I've been struggling with the task of when to keep or let go of design elements on a prop that have been previously worked on by someone else. It's tricky, as when you design something on your own you start from a blank slate, with a redesign you have a precedent to work from which can colour your approach to the object. Not something I ever thought could happen, but that's why this internship has been helpful. I'm learning how to deal with situations they can't quite show you in school because it's more of an individual experience thing. Pretty cool

David

P.S. here is a wet cat because its been raining a lot the past week. ( I only made him look wet, I didn't do the overall design of the cat)


No comments:

Post a Comment