Thursday, July 4, 2013

Jordan's Week: From Super Hero's to Popcorn Makers

Hello again! Jordan here.

So I just wrapped up on colouring animation for Captain Canuck, which was a lot of fun! You can view the finished episode right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsTuqytpC84&feature=youtu.be

It's so cool seeing the progression, the end result looks really fantastic and I'm glad I was able to play a small part in making it happen. :)  I just love what they did at the compositing stage, the effects and shadows really add a nice polish.

Next I was moved onto props and character builds for Warren like all the other folks. I wasn't able to work on them very much, so I've slowly been playing catch-up, getting used to building stuff in flash.


I sort of jumped into character builds right off the bat and was a little daunted before my fellow pals here recommended I just start with props. When building things in flash, I learned that it's not at all about doing lineart, but rather literally "building" these props out of solid shapes and then adding details after. It's fun and looks a lot better too this way.

Here is a popcorn maker I made as a first pass:

No comments:

Post a Comment