Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Lucas Full Speed Ahead!

Wow, first blog since I've been back!  There's a lot of progress that's been made in terms of the game that I gotta blab about so stay with me for a moment.

First of all, all the classes are done. It's really been tough to get through it all. I was met with a few unexpected challenges with the code but overall, I'm really happy with it and I'm glad it's mostly done. Now all that's left is to actually put everything where it's supposed to be. For now, I already have a player and some enemy placeholders. I'm using a legend of zelda tile-set for now, just so that I don't have to spend all the time making one from scratch.

I've been spending most of my time just building levels. This is really where I shine. Now that the code is done I can really have a lot of fun with the map building. I can have people actually play it and get real criticism. I have run into a few bugs but nothing major that I haven't been able to fix in a few minutes. Hopefully no bigger game-breaking issues arise. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment