Thursday, June 26, 2014

Anna's Summer Focus: Environmentalism

This week, I've again, been working on First Hand BGs. However, on Friday, I have finally been assigned to the interactive project I've been waiting for~

It's truly exciting and right up my alley - considering the theme of the project is environmentalism, which, come to think of it, seems to be my theme this summer as well. The freelance project that I'm still slaving away at is about environmentalism, as well as the First Hand project for Smiley Guy...

Although this strikes me as funny, I also think that it is pretty important. I don't think that there is enough awareness and worry about the affect that pollution creates on this planet. I've been reading and watching stuff about recycling lately, and there are so many things I've learned just from a little bit of research. But comparing the amount of views on YouTube about a recycling factory compared to the amount of views of a music video, even one made by an amateur, you can tell that people don't really care. How would the earth change if everyone just stood up and worked together, regardless of profit, regardless of how much hard work it is, and actually tried to save the earth by doing something? When I think of natural disasters that make humans come together to help one another, I can't help but think that if people could do that for the Earth, because that too is a natural disaster just waiting to happen, we could make a difference.

Alas, no one does anything, because procrastination is the key to our existence. We won't believe anything we can't see, and sometimes what we see we try to ignore in fear of upsetting the status quo.
It's funny how we can turn such a beautiful world into such a dirty one...

Just talking about environmentalism tires me out. I always start getting so frustrated, and then start ranting about it... Anyway, this week was simply the tip of the iceberg in terms of my interactive stuff. I'm definitely looking forward to next week~
-Anna



No comments:

Post a Comment