Friday, February 7, 2014

Lucas Makes Smiley Guy Look Good

So, this week was the co-op job fair! I made a presentation board and made Smiley Guy look really good. (At least I think) A few of the grade 10 students seemed really interested so don't be surprised if next year my position is in high demand. As well, I found out that my school has a video game making club. I was sort of baffled that I had absolutely no idea about this. So I went and found out why. The club isn't much to scoff at. It was really just a bunch of people sitting around and playing Dota. So I got an idea.

For the past few weeks or so I've  been going to events at this place called Bento Miso. It's a space for gamemakers to go and work during the day. I know whole teams of people who's entire production just work out of Bento. They also host events by night. So I figured, why not see if I could book a night where the club from my school could come out. I could get a speaker to talk about the industry and how to get a good start. That sort of thing. It wouldn't just be for Northern, I could speak to other schools and do a general High-school-aged event. That sort of thing doesn't exist as of now so why not give it a try? I think it would be fun and really get the ball rolling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment