Thursday, February 27, 2014

An Elizabethian Update

I feel like I’m going to need to learn how to make comics to make my blog posts as interesting as Lucas’. Or get some really cool screenshots.

As for what I’ve been up to…

I attended my first production meeting last week! I sat in on it and got a sense of how even just one show is a huge collaborative effort. It was cool to hear everyone talk about the animation parts, because I know nothing about how cartoons are made.

I had an assignment due last week, where we had to create a budget for a web series with a $10 000 budget. Now, I’m not completely sure that I did it properly, but I did know that certain shows with a lower budget and who use ACTRA members could receive a discount on ACTRA pay rates. So I put that into my fake budget. I wouldn’t have known that if I hadn’t been working with real contracts in the office!

In school I’m working on an American Horror Story spec script. I’m finding it a lot harder to write a drama than a comedy (we did those last semester). I’m also working on a short film script, Romeo Goes to School. It’s about a pug named Romeo, who goes to school.  Not the most creative title but it gets the point across.

That’s about it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment