Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Meghan Makes Mistakes...But That's Okay

The last week and a half at Smiley Guy I’ve continued to do Scene Set up on Chirp. I’ve learned even more about Flash and am now confident enough to work on my own and solve most problems on my own. I still make mistakes however… a lot of mistakes, but my supervisor continues to tell me that mistakes happen and everyone makes them, even people who have been working there for a long time. Although I try my hardest to not make mistakes, I’ve noticed that after I make them I learn something new, or become more aware and am able to catch them after I send them in so I can correct them before the scene planning supervisor sees them… or sometimes I just make incredibly stupid mistakes and can’t believe I did it. I’m improving though and that’s what matters. I’m getting faster, and setting up more difficult scenes, which are both fun and challenging. I’ve come to hate masking and shape tweens more then anything, but at least I actually know how to do them. They are incredibly useful, just a pain. 

Overall, things are going well. I’m happy with everything so far and am looking forward to moving on to prop builds in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment