Thursday, May 7, 2015

It's Just, David!

Dear Diary,
    First, let me introduce myself. My name is David Just. I am an artist and animator currently in Sheridan College’s Bachelors of Applied Arts in Animation. I am also one of the new interns at Smiley Guy Studios! :)




Today was my third day at Smiley Guy! I should have written the last two days about everything that's happened so far but let me summarize:

Day 1: Mild Anxiety with a side of HOW ON EARTH DO YOU USE FLASH?
Day 2: Slight Anxiety with a side of HOW ON EARTH DO YOU USE FLASH BETTER?
Day 3: Making stuff move and feelin’ chill.

I am already 300% better at flash than I was May 3rd and I have the wonderful and soft-spoken guidance of Joel to thank for that! Thank you Joel, you’re a great mentor!

As far as the actual work goes, the first two days were spent creating a puppet (headless) in flash. The puppet must have functioning joints and the artwork must have coloured & correctly layered lines. I finished my puppet about half-way through the second day and started on a walk cycle. Last night before I went to bed I knew I’d be spending today creating some new feet to add to the character library so Ingrid (from the show "Warren United") would be able to walk more naturally. I am about 75% of the way done the initial blocking pass on the walk cycle. Her arms still need work along with general fine tuning but that will get done tomorrow. :)

-David

No comments:

Post a Comment