Friday, April 22, 2016

Callie is Creative!

I thought I would finish animation today but I didn't. Oh well. It was for a good reason. I've realized the final scene in my short was really lame and I didn't like it (it was very anticlimactic) so I brainstormed and brainstormed as to how I could change the last scene using design elements I had already created. It's pretty tricky when you have to confine your creativity to a few flash puppets and like 4 backgrounds. But I discussed with friends and also bothered Lea for about an hour and thus came up with a few ideas. Whoops.

I was wondering if I should set the bug on fire or make him explode but then I went absolutely crazy and figured I should turn Donna, the light bulb into Pacman and have Sam, the Firefly into a little gobbley bit and have the film end with Pacman Donna eating Sam. It's ok though I regained my sanity and chose a different ending. The end to my short will have Sam trying to get to Donna, but then you hear a streetlight flicker on outside and a little “yoo hoo” and Sam will screech to a halt and the camera will cut to outside where a gorgeous streetlight is beckoning him. FIN. This may not be the funniest ending possible but it's much better than the lame pinging against the glass bulb and it works with the design elements I have.


Hopefully it turns out. Have a good weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment