Friday, April 8, 2016

Introducing Pippa Marvin!

I'm new to the Smiley Guy Blogisphere, so hello to everyone reading. For those that I haven't had the opportunity to meet yet, my name is Pippa and I'm a Television and New Media Student on internship from Loyalist College in Belleville. You've probably never heard of it. I'm a Production Coordinator Intern here at Smiley Guy, which means I'll be predominantly working with the wonderful Erin English for my internship.

April 4th was my very first day at Smiley Guy Studios, and I absolutely love it here. This week was pretty intense, but I already don't want to leave. I'm learning so much all the time – production scheduling, how to work the database, and of course, all the different aspects of the animation pipeline that live action productions don't really have – like nat pauses!

A lot of my work so far has been with Lisa Baylin on casting for a new web series, and even though I've done some casting before for school projects, I had hardly even scratched the surface of the casting process. Casting definitely has been the most stressful thing I've worked on so far, but I think I'm one of those people who thrives on stress. And Lisa has been very patient when fielding my many questions as I figure out how Casting Workbook actually works.

Everyone here is absolutely amazing. I'm really excited to be involved in all the projects that Smiley Guy has on their slate – there is so much to learn here.


I had intended to write a more comprehensive overview of my week, but I've got a lot of casting emails I still have to reply to, so I'll save that for next week. And hey, maybe by next Friday, my brain will have actually finished rendering everything I've learned this week. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment