Friday, June 21, 2013

Jordan's Take on Captain Canuck

Hello folks. Jordan here!

So these days I've been on colouring animation for Captain Canuck, the upcoming new web series. Honestly, I was super excited when I heard that I was going to get to do some work for it. Ever since I saw that teaser trailer it was stuck in my mind, and it's been a real treat getting to stare at all of these beautiful scenes. Everything is just solid, it looks like a proper superhero cartoon and I hope I can absorb some of it via osmosis.
When colouring a character with so many details you come to realize the importance of flipping your animation. Even though I'm only filling in gaps and colouring, there are so many little gaps that I wouldn't have caught had I just focused on each frame. So I've just been spending time trying to make it as neat as possible.
When I first heard the words 'CAPTAIN CANUCK', I didn't expect to see someone as cool as that. I pictured some toque-wearing, hapless doofus, apologizing to everyone in sight.
And then I started wondering, why is that? Why was my initial reaction to laugh and mock? Isn't Canada as deserving of a proper superhero as any other country?
 
According to "Flump787234,"  the answer is no.
 
 

Also here is a drawing of what I pictured. Drawn in Flash to demonstrate my newfound comfort with this program. I am not afraid of it anymore (I actually have no idea how people draw in this)
 
"Some toque-wearing, hapless doofus, apologizing to everyone in sight"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment