Friday, May 30, 2014

Inna Is Our Best Researcher EVER!

Oliver Looks Nervous
In the beginning of this week I finished fixing my TFG animation shot. I struggled a bit with Oliver’s arms. I had to make him look worried and make him shrink his shoulders and pull his hands towards his chest and for that Oliver’s back arm needed to go on top of his torso. That was a puzzle for me. In the end I learnt the trick from my awesome mentors and now I know how this problem can be solved.  I need to practice more character animation to polish my new skills. 

 
The big wow of the week was the size of the monitor I got for my working place. I am so get used to my laptop monitor size and already forgot how it feels when you are working on a big screen, especially on design projects.Thank you Julie and everyone!



This week I started working on mandala design for First Hand Climate Change Stories, directed by Alex Hawley and which is currently in development. It’s about how native people of Yukon, in particular Gwich'in Nation or Old Crow people, were affected by the environmental change.

Mandala Feather
 My task is to come up with Caribou Mandala design that will be used in the film at least in three scenes and it should match Alex’s initial Wolf bead artwork. I researched Native American Art, symbols and design patterns, studied Gui’chin bead art and read about their culture and history.

It is an amazing experience for me to have a chance to work on this project because I myself have a profound interest in environmental activism and sustainability. Another coincidence is that I love everything about mandala design and sacred geometry and I actually have been planning to come up with Sun Mandala design for my 4th year film that will be called Dance of Life. And now I have a chance to practice my mandala skills and figure out how to animate the rotation as well. ha what were the chances to work on a Mandala  project during my summer internship:)

 
For those who are wondering what mandala is I found some info about various types of Mandala:

And here are some great sites that I bumped into while doing my research :

On history of Old Crow (Gwich'in Nation):




No comments:

Post a Comment