Thursday, May 12, 2016

Callie and Final Cut Pro

Its the end of the week already. Insanity!! Exams are coming up and I'm currently drowning in culminating projects so even though it's the weekend, it is still basically school. Blegh. Someone help. Lots to talk about for this blog post though because I have moved into a new stage. I am reaching the home stretch and the brief romantic tragedy of Sam and Donna will soon be finished. On Tuesday I stared at the computer for hours looking for suitable audio and sound effects for my film. It was very fun at first because the website Erin gave me has a vast stock of sound effects, which are really amusing. Imagine being the person on Audio Blocks belching. After a while I got all cross because you had to properly word what you wanted in the search bar otherwise nothing would come up. However, I am victorious! I, more or less, have all the sounds I need.


Today I was assisted in rendering all my shots and then I ventured into the basement of the studio to have Joel and Sam walk me through literally every step of how to put your shots in to Final Cut Pro (I think that's the name) and a few editing tricks. They are so nice and very patient. I am still quite useless at picking up computer programs quickly. Anyways, they helped me out and I watched all my shots stitched together for the first time. Even though it's a very rough version, it was pretty amazing because all this started as a little pen sketch a BILLION years ago (OK maybe only 7 months) and now it's a mini movie!! Next week I will go back downstairs and just clean it up. Maybe I'll make some dissolve transitions!! And probably learn more on adding audio to animation. Have a good weekend everyone!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment