Monday, May 16, 2016

Elise and the Cool Demon Guy

Hello! Intern Elise here again. I'm very sick right now but I'll try to do a quick update.

So, this was my first full week of work here at Smiley Guy! I'm feeling much more comfortable with the software already. Flash isn't as bad as I remembered it being!

This week I got assigned to building a cool demon guy for the Todd project, and doing some design revisions as I built him. I had 2 different supervisors that needed to approve of the changes I made, so there was a lot of passing the file back and forth. They would give me little changes to implement each time, but by the end of it I figure I must've built and rebuilt each part of that guy at least 3 times. I really enjoyed the challenge of it, and I learned a lot from watching the senior animators tweak different parts of the build. They make it look so easy! Also, I got to trawl through google images looking for reference pictures of weird beefy guys, which was a pretty cool bonus.

All the Todd episodes were given to us recently. I've been powering through them really fast, I'm partway through season 2 right now! It's  pretty fun stuff, and I love the metal dudes. Maybe I'll get to animate them at some point?

I brought in a grow light for the sad plant on my desk. He still looks rough but I'm hoping he'll improve (or at least not die) under my care.

Nothing else to report for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment