Monday, May 30, 2016

Callie on After Effects

Hello! This is going to be an uber short blog post because I have two art projects, my co-op final project, a math test and a practical lab exam for biology all tomorrow! Basically a lot of work that will result in me pulling an all nighter. RIP my health. Oh well. I am only documenting today's work in the studio because on Friday I will be on a school field trip and of course Monday was Victoria Day.

I got to the studio and luckily there was still pizza leftover from the pizza party I missed on Tuesday, so I ate many pieces of cold pizza. So wonderful. Then I went downstairs and watched some of the Todd animatic and it's so funny, I can't wait to see what it looks like finished (although I will not be at Smiley Guy when it is done, I will drop by or something). Then Joel came and he went over some truly mind boggling things on After Effects. We (actually Joel did everything I just observed and absorbed information) composited one of my shots and made it look super funky. Special effects, according to Joel, should not function as a fixer upper for poor animation rather it should just enhance it. All the same though, the gradients and glows that were added to my shot really fixed up my animation. I think it's ok because I am new at Flash and this is all a learning experience.


Next week I will continue with what Joel was doing and hopefully the shots will end up looking nice and polished. Bye!  

No comments:

Post a Comment