Monday, May 30, 2016

Pippa on Set!

May 9*

So Epic Studios begins shooting this week, so for the next three weeks, Mondays will be my only day at Smiley Guy Studios. Today was hectic. Script revisions were the highest of high priority, because the assistant directors needed them for finalizing the schedules. I also got to help Karen with setting up ACTRA contracts for the cast of Epic Studios.

Tuesday to Saturday, I was on the set of Epic Studios. It was a huge learning curve for me. I’ve been on the set of student productions before, but in comparison to how things work on an actual set, we were just play-acting. Throughout my time at Loyalist, I always focused on the pre-production side of things: writer, casting director, producer. I haven’t really done as much crew work as most of my classmates - aside from directing, I’ve hardly been on set for anything other than a production manager, so I felt fairly lost.

I do the daily sides on-set, which is kind of a hassle to do without a laptop. A new laptop is pretty close to the top of my list of things to buy that would make my life infinitely easier. I also work on keeping the craft table stocked up, and making sure that people on set are fed and watered. I really like the set food - it’s my favourite part of the day. I also took care of the ACTRA sign-in sheet and contracts for actors.

No comments:

Post a Comment