Monday, May 2, 2016

Pippa Wants to Pitch!

Monday didn’t feel like a Monday. Monday felt more like a Wednesday, but that’s probably because I spent the entire weekend in Toronto, volunteering at TAAFI! That was tons of fun, I basically ran the TAAFI instagram for the majority of the weekend, got to meet lots of people, and I pretty much got to eat my weight in free pizza! Plus, I got to sit in on the finals of the women’s pitch competition - and I’m almost definitely participating in that the next time TAAFI and/or Women Drawn Together have a pitching competition.

So Wednesday #1 aka Monday began with another casting call at Farmhouse, and it was one of the busiest days so far in the casting process! Tuesday brought me back to Smiley Guy, where I was predominantly working on callbacks for Epic Studios. I was also working on updating the script notes masterlist, and later I got the chance to sit in on a development meeting, which was really exciting because I’m really interested in content development.

Wednesday #2 aka actually Wednesday was split between a morning at Smiley Guy and an afternoon at Farmhouse for callbacks. I mostly updated things for the callbacks, made the schedule and tried to install Final Draft and Save the Cat! On the mac at my work station. The latter was a chore. The mac seemed entirely determined to be the slowest loading piece of technology I think I’ve ever worked on - and I kept the same android phone from when I was in high school for four years, so I know slow technology and boundless patience.

In the afternoon, I made my way to Farmhouse for the callbacks, and Alex taught me more about my role as a script coordinator for Epic Studios, how to make a memo for script revisions.

Thursday, I searched Youtube for some Toronto-based hiphop artists and worked on another round of auditions. I also got the chance to help Karen by sorting out what completed materials she had already been sent for one of the funding applications.

And Friday, I was back at Farmhouse Productions to do some work as the script coordinator for Epic Studios. I spent the day getting acquainted with Final Draft 9, as well as working with Jeff and Eli, who are the first and second AD on Epic Studios. It took me a little while to get acquainted with the software, but by the end of the day, I managed to get through the first 8 episodes of Epic Studios. I also got to observe as Eli and Jeff worked out the production schedule, and got some direction for shooting sides, which I think they’d like me to be in charge of on set.

Finally, this weekend I moved into my new place! It only takes me half an hour to get to Smiley Guy, which is a definite improvement on the commute I’ve been doing for the past month!


No comments:

Post a Comment